Warframe is an online third-person shooter role-playing game that was released by Digital Extremes in 2013. In this game, players take on the role of a Tenno, an ancient race of warriors, as they complete different missions on different planets. It is one of the most popular games on Steam with nearly 100,000 people playing it every day.
Warframe Won’t Launch Due To Missing MSVCP140.dll: One of the problems you might encounter when trying to play this game is when you get the missing DLL error. Here is what you need to do to fix this problem.
What is MSVCP140.dll?
A DLL or Dynamic Link Library is a library that contains code or instructions that can be used by more than one program at the same time. For example, MSVCP140.dll is part of the Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable to fix MSVCP140.dll missing error
If you get DLL missing from your computer error when trying to run Warframe, then you should download and install Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable to fix the problem.
READ: How To Fix Skype Not Working Error (2021)
Method 1: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable
- Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
- This is where you can get the latest supported Visual C ++ downloads. Warframe MSVCP140.dll is missing
- Click vc_redist.x86.exe.
- This will download the x86 version of the DLL to your computer. Fix MSVCP140.dll Missing Error
- Double-click the downloaded vc_redist.x86.exe file.
- This will install the x86 version of the DLL on your computer.Install the x86 version
- After following these steps, restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
- Uninstall and then install Warframe
Method 2: Troubleshoot the MSVCP140.dll Warframe
- Open the Steam Launcher.
- Click the Library tab.
- Right click on Warframe, then click Manage then uninstall.
- Click Uninstall in the pop-up window that appears.
- After uninstalling the game, restart your computer and install it again.
- After performing the steps listed above, you will successfully resolve the Warframe MSVCP140.dll Missing Error.