Actually, there are many ways to easily convert jpg to jpeg photos on cellphones. Either using the app or without the app. The reason is, smartphones are now very sophisticated to do many things let alone just change an image format.
Generally a cellphone will produce a jpg format from the shots. However, there are some people who want to convert it to another format for various reasons. One of them, because jpeg does have a slightly better quality.
The two formats are not much different because they were created by the same company. Previously, jpeg could only be opened on a computer device, but now it is possible even though only through Android.
How to Convert jpg to jpeg photos on cellphone without application
As previously explained briefly, there are quite a few ways to convert jpg to jpeg photos on cellphones. Users can do it even without using the application. Given that not everyone needs it always and has high storage memory.
Therefore, this article will provide a selection of options to change the format. Take a look at the following reviews:
1. Changing Via File Manager
Maybe not all phones have the feature to change the formatted image directly. However, there are some phones that provide this built-in feature. To make sure and try it, users can do it by,
- Go to the file manager application.
- Find the jpg format image that you want to convert.
- If so, click more or the 3 dots icon aligned to find the ‘Rename file’ option menu.
- Then, change the extension after writing the file name to jpg or as desired.
- Next, save and you’re done.
2. Via the Convertio Website
If the device does not have the default feature to change, the user can choose to use a site without the need to download an application. One of the first recommendations is Convertio.
This format changer application has quite complete features. Where users can not only change images, but there are documents, vectors, ebooks, and so on.
How to do it is quite easy. Users just need to open the official website. If you are already on the main page, press ‘Choose File’ to enter the image you want to convert. Don’t forget, select the desired format before pressing ‘Convert’ and save it.
3. Via Any Conv . Application
Not much different from applications via other websites, Any Conv also has special features for changing various formats. Such as PDF, Ebook, PNG, and so on including Jpg.
The steps to do it are also not much different, you can do it very easily. Starting from inserting a jpg image, then selecting the resulting format and downloading it when you’re done.
How to Convert jpg to jpeg photos on mobile using apps
In addition to the website, you can also take advantage of the many applications available on the Play Store.
One of them is using the JPEG/PNG Image FIle Converter application which is quite easy and widely used by users.
If users are interested in using it, they can follow these steps:
- Download and install the application on the device.
- If so, open the application.
- When a notification appears, please press ‘Permission’ to give the application access to open files in the gallery.
- Then insert an image by pressing ‘Load a photo’.
- Change the desired format before saving the result.
- Next, press save the formatted image to the device.
- Wait a moment until it’s finished then press ‘exit’.
That’s how to convert a jpg photo to a jpeg on a cellphone with some of the most recommended options. For your information, all of the above methods can indeed be done.
However, usually the results are not so sharp. If users want the best results, try to use only some editing software.